As a dog parent, it’s only natural to have concerns about what your pup’s treats are made from. After all, we want the best for our furry friends! That’s why at Brutus & Barnaby, we take extra care in sourcing Bully Sticks of the highest quality and safety standards. And as much as we want to know if our dog’s food is naturally sourced and free of artificial ingredients, most of us can’t help but wonder about the smaller things like where on the animal the dog treats are made from.
What are Bully Sticks Made Of?
This may earn a few giggles or even a couple of double-takes, but we’re here to tell you that we’re not joking, and yes, you read that right when we say Bully Sticks are made from bull penises.
It’s true Bully Sticks are made from bull penises, but don’t let that gross you out. Bull penises are a natural, healthy dog treat, and Bully Sticks provide an excellent source of protein that is both nutritious and delicious for your pup. It is a muscle that is full of nutritional benefits and helps give your dog a vigorous yet digestible chew to snack on.
We source only from the best, highest quality farms for our Brutus & Barnaby’s premium, all-natural Bully Sticks. These farms only have Free Range Cattle without using hormones or other potentially harmful chemicals that can be found in some products elsewhere.
Why Beef Pizzle?
Even for all the adventurous pet owners, beef penis might not be the first thing you’d think of feeding your dog—but it’s something dogs love. Pizzles belong in your pup’s diet since their wild ancestors traditionally consume every organ of their captured prey for its incredible nutritional benefits. Organ meats are high in protein, essential vitamins, and minerals - so it is no wonder they were the first to disappear after a hunt!
The Benefits of Bully Sticks
- All-natural, long-lasting dog treats.
- Entirely edible and can be eaten and digested quickly
- Easy to digest - unlike rawhide and other high-fat natural chews which can be hard to process or cause digestive problems. Re-word this. This is not a benefit. - FIXED
- Chewing Bully Sticks aids in the removal of plaque and tartar build-up on the tooth surface by creating abrasion that scrubs away bacteria.
- These treats are single-ingredient and protein-filled, meaning they do not promote the growth of oral or gut bacteria. Plus, you won’t have to worry about unwanted weight gain due to their lack of simple sugars.
- With their high protein content and low fat, these treats are the perfect snack for your pup if they struggle with weight issues.
- Our selection of canine treats is the top-rated and safest on the market, offering quality nutrition that your pup will love!
*Regularly observe your puppy when chewing to ensure their safety. Young dogs often swallow their food too quickly, posing a severe choking hazard with any natural chews.*
Why Brutus & Barnaby Bully Sticks?
- As previously mentioned, our Bully Sticks are sourced from free-range cattle, with no hormones or GMOs administered.
- We hand inspect our bully sticks for 100% quality, ensuring you get only the best, safest sticks for your pup.
- Lots of Bully Sticks on the market have a strong and intrusive smell. Our Bully Sticks at Brutus & Barnaby have very little odor, so your home will remain odor-free.
- With no added dyes or chemical treatments, these Bully Sticks won’t stain your furniture and carpet with their colors.
- Not only are these delicious bullies a tasty treat for your pup, but they’re also 100% premium beef. In addition, every Bully Stick will test and stimulate your furry friend’s mind, providing him with an outlet to discharge stored energy!
Although it may have been a shock to find out where Bully Sticks come from, they are a healthy, nutritious, and delicious treat for your pup. And we hope this article sufficiently answers all your questions and concerns about Bully Sticks and their benefits. You can trust that Brutus & Barnaby Bully Sticks are top-rated, the safest on the market, and free of any added hormones or GMOs.
If you want to get your pup some of the highest quality Brutus & Barnaby bully sticks as a healthy treat - click here. We even have smaller Bully Nuggets for the small dog or puppy!